Monday, November 17, 2014

Pub Du Parvis

I wanted to give this post a witty title - Burgasm, Burgalicious, Burgtastic - but then I thought, why mess with a good thing? We walked to this unassuming pub from our hotel because it was a) cold, b) rainy and c) although, I really wanted to, I couldn't endure another typical French, coat-your-ribs, belly-busting meal. So, I opted for a burger, naturally. As soon as "Les Trois Gibiers" caught my eye, my heart skipped a beat. Deer, wild boar and elk - how can you go wrong? Answer: you can't.


Yes, this is probably the worst photo ever but you have to take my word for it - this is everything your mouth wants. Everyone who knows me knows that I eat my burger first, fries last. After one bite of this burger, I  took a moment and then stuffed those fries in my mouth like a fat kid on cake (or rather me on cake!). I needed to have some alone time with my love - without any distractions. Wow, just wow. The apple chutney and brie lightened the "gaminess" of the meal and the Dijon added some much-needed tang. When people talk about balance in the world, this is where my mind retreats to and I know all is right in the world. Pub Du Parvis, I salute you.



No comments:

Post a Comment